For large format 3D manufacturing you need not go slow and messy, instead take the Direct Route! This full 3D CNC machine center is designed from the ground up for the creative professional who uses foam as a part of the process or as the end product.
The 3D routing can do large scale 3 axis panels, and complex 4th axis artistic statuary, advanced industrial design, etc.
You can use the foam lathe and hot wire rough cut your foam blocks, then route in the details in record time and with little waste. The rough cut pieces can be used again for packaging and transport, while your precious work is perfectly protected. The lathe conveniently folds into the machine’s floor when not in use.
In addition to the many router bits that the 5/8″ spindle can accommodate, there’s a rotating rigid wire attachment for carving foam profiles for precast concrete molds, and other architectural details. Just shape the rigid wire to your profile and insert into the commutator. Then program the path in our software and watch it cut through any circles, curves, straight lines, etc as the cutter maintains 90 degrees to the curve it’s traveling along.
- Wire Cutting Capacity
- 123″ X x 65″ Y Vertical x 142″ Z Wire Length (3124cm x 1651cm x 3606cm)
- Router Cutting Capacity
- 123″ X x 127″ Y x 54.5″ Z Vertical (3124cm x 3225cm x 1524cm)
- 0.001″ (0.025mm)
- ±.002″/foot (0.0167mm/m)
- Drive Motors
- 9 AC servos, 4000 counts per revolution encoders
- Drive System
- X,Y,Z 1” timing belts; dual row sealed ground bearings riding on hardened ground and polished shafting; all travel components operate within enclosed spaces to keep debris out of guide systems
- Gantry Balancing
- Gantry beam is air balanced on each end for long life
- Wire Cutting Speed
- Typically 55”/min for 1 lb/cubic foot foam (1397mm/min for 16.018 kg/cu meter)
- Router Spindle
- 3HP Colombo 5/8” (15.875mm) max diameter cutter, variable speed up to 24,000 rpm
- Router Cutting Speed
- Up to 1200” per minute (30,480 mm/min)
- Max. Rapid Speed
- 1200″ per minute (30,480 mm/min)
- Foot Print
- 13’3” X 14’10” X 8’11” High (4038mm X 4521mm X 2718mm) Less Control Panel
- Power Required
- 240v single phase 50-60hz, 30 Amp
- Built in Lathe, Built in Rigid Wire power supply, Rotary rigid wire commutator system, 8020 Turntable, 8021 Bowl Cutter, Integrated duct system ready for vacuum hook-up, Door enclosure to keep dust under control, Safety glass around perimeter for high visibility and safety
- 1 year on computer and electrical components, 3 years on mechanical components
- Tech Support
- Support with remote connect ability
You can enjoy the benefits of the 8700 CNC with a low monthly payment. Click here for more information and a finance application.