Expanded Polystyrene Insulated Concrete Form Production Machine
This 8700 DT CNC machine is built with dual Y axis (vertical travel). One is the 10 wire travel and the other is a hole plunging apparatus. It also has an end trimmer for trimming panels to length and squaring. With the green building principle of energy efficiency in mind this is an insulated concrete panel production machine.
The Panel Cutting Process
The 8700DT CNC heated rods plunge into the foam to make the tie holes.
The 8700DT CNC uses the multiple wires to cut tongue and groove edges where the wall panels will join.
The 8700DT CNC returns with a vertical hot wire to clean up, cut to proper dimension, and square the ends of the panels so accurate job site installation is assured.
The tongue and groove allows the panels to fit together snugly.
The finished panels fit together, forming one side of the insulated wall panel system.
CNC Panel Production in Action
- Cutting Capacity
- 10′ (3m) wide x 4′ (1.22m) high x 10′ (3m) long wire. (Custom sizes available)
- 0.001″ (0.025mm)
- ±.002″/foot (0.0167mm/m)
- Drive Motors
- Six AC servos, 4000 counts per revolution encoders
- Drive System
- X & Y axis timing belt drives, precision sealed bearings ride on hardened ground rods
- Max. Cutting Speed
- 55″ (140cm) per minute
- Max. Rapid Speed
- 1,500″ (3,810cm) per minute
- Cutting Wires
- 10 – .014″ (.355mm) wires
- Power Required
- 220-240v single phase 50-60hz, 30 Amp
- 1 year on all electrical components, 3 years on all mechanical components