Showing all 5 results
Styropoxy 7060-4$389.00 Add to cart
Styropoxy 7015-1$127.00 Add to cart
Styropoxy 7060-1$119.00 Add to cart
Styropoxy 7060-.25$52.00 Add to cart
Styropoxy 7015-4$416.00 Add to cart
Styropoxy™ hard coat epoxy (A-Resin and B-Hardener)
Styropoxy™ is an epoxy hard coat specially designed for hot wire cut expanded polystyrene foam, and it is proudly made in the USA.
Styropoxy™ is designed to be used on foam molds for precast concrete and GFRC applications. It can also be used over foam ‘positive’ designs to protect the polystyrene, and give it a smoother surface on which a rubber or fiberglass mold can be created.
Styropoxy™ is specifically designed to work well on hot wire cut expanded polystyrene foam. It can also be used on wood, and metal surfaces.
Styropoxy™ (7015, 7060) is a two part system with a 5:1 resin to hardener mix ratio. It comes in pre-measured kits of 1 Quart sampler, 1 Gallon, and 4 Gallons. Larger volumes can also be made upon request. Styropoxy™ has two working time options, either 15 or 60 minute working time once mixed.
Styropoxy™ Features (7015, 7060)
- Lays Smooth
- Concrete cast in Styropoxy™ coated EPS foam needs less sanding and surface work
- Dries Hard
- Doubles the life of the foam shapes in concrete casting applications
- Thicker consistency means epoxy sticks better on vertical surfaces
- Bright Blue Color
- Visually detect thickness and coverage
- Protects EPS foam
- Allows you to use polyester resins, auto body filler, and other solvent-based materials on foam shapes
- Variable Working Times
- 60 minute and 15 minute quick cure for either long working time, or same-day sanding & turnaround of custom cast products
Styropoxy™ Coating Example
- 1 gallon covers 120 square feet with one coat, or 60 square feet with two coats
- Changing the 5:1 mix ratio will not speed up or slow down the cure time
- Thicker coats dry faster, thinner coats dry slower – just the opposite from paint
- Temperature is important in curing epoxies, for best results use at 75F (24C) degrees
- Acceptable temperature range is between 60F (15C) and 90F (32C)
- For 60F expect about double the time to cure, for 90F expect about half time to cure
- If you need to use the material in cooler or hotter conditions try keeping the material stored in a heated/cooled space as close to 75F for at least 8 hours before use
Styropoxy™ Application Rules of Thumb:
WARNING: Mixing more 7015 than can be applied in 15 minutes is not advised as it has a very aggressive hardener and can create excessive amounts of heat (i.e. smoke) if left in a container too long.
Clean up: (in order of least to most effective) warm soapy water, Isopropyl Alcohol, or Acetone.
Showing all 5 results